Preparation and certain physicochemical properties of complexes of nickel(II) and copper(II) with N-salicylideneaminopyridinium iodide
- 16 Downloads
Complexes of Cu(II) and Ni(II) with N-salicylideneaminopyridinium iodide, which have not been previously described, have been synthesized.
By physicochemical methods it is shown that the complexes are chelate with the composition 1∶2 (of metal and aldehyde residue of ligands deprotonized at the OH group).
Their electrochemical behavior in DMFA on a dropping mercury electrode is studied and it is shown that it is due to discharge of all the particles of the complex; the first electron is taken up at a low vacant orbital with mixed metal-ligand character.
KeywordsCopper Nickel Mercury Aldehyde Iodide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. V. Dzhigirei, A. K. Sheinkman, A. N. Kost, and N. F. Kazarinova, Khim.-Far mats. Zh.,2, No. 1, 10 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Kost, N. V. Baranova, A. K. Sheinkman, I V. Komissarov, and A. S. Voyakin, Khim., Farmats. Zh.,5, No. 4, 6 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.L. P. Sysoeva, T. V. Troepol'skaya, B. I. Buzykin, and Yu. P. Kitaev, Zh. Org. Khim.,11, 1525 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.L. El Sayed and M. F. Iskander, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.,33, 435 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Hunter and J. A. Marriott, J. Chem. Soc., 2000 (1937).Google Scholar
- 6.H. El Khadem, M. F. Iskander, and S. E. Zayan, Z. Anorg. Allg. Chem.,330, 109 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.B. V. Mel'nikov, Dissertation, Kazan' (1971).Google Scholar