- 16 Downloads
A new method has been described for the synthesis of diaryIketiminoboranes, which is based on the reaction of diarylketimines with esters of dialkylthioboronic and diarylthioboronic acids.
The introduction of a methyl group into the ortho position of the phenyl ring in diphenylketiminoboranes facilitated the dimerization. In contrast to diphenylketiminodi-n-butylborane and phenyl (p-tolyl)-ketiminodi-n-butylborane, phenyl(o-tolyl)ketiminodi-n-butylborane dimerized readily at 20°. Phenyl (o-tolyl)-ketiminodiphenylborane was isolated only as the dimer, while diphenylketiminodiphenylborane did not dimerize during an extended period of time.
KeywordsMethyl Ester Phenyl Extended Period Phenyl Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Mikhailov, G. S. Ter-Sarkisyan, N. N. Govorov, and N. A. Nikolaeva, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2389 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Summerford and K. Wade, J. Chem. Soc. A, 2010 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Wade and C. Summerford, J. Chem. Soc. A, 1487 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.B. M. Mikhailov, G. S. Ter-Sarkisyan, N. A. Nikolaeva, and V. G. Kiselev, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,43, 857 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Mikhailov, G. S. Ter-Sarkisyan, N. A. Nikolaeva, N. N. Govorov, and V. G. Kiselev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 870 (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Dorokhov and B. M. Mikhailov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 439 (1966).Google Scholar