Effect of the nature and concentration of the zeolite Y cation on the hydrogenation and isomerization of 2-methyl-2-butene
- 21 Downloads
Up to a certain point (∼55%), decationization of NaY zeolites reduces the activity of the zeolites in catalyzing the hydrogenation of 2-methyl-2-butene. Further decationization had no effect on the yield of saturated hydrocarbons.
Plotted as a function of the cation's electrostatic potential, the activity of MNaY zeolites in catalyzing the hydrogenation of 2-methyl-2-butene passes through a maximum. Minimum activity was observed with the NdNaY zeolite.
Experiments in an atmosphere of helium showed that saturated hydrocarbons, resulting from hydrogen redistribution, are frequently formed in the course of reactions on decationized and polyvalent cationic forms of the Y zeolite.
KeywordsHydrogenation Atmosphere Zeolite Helium Hydrocarbon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Kharlamov, V. I. Garanin, D. B. Tagiev, Kh. M. Minachev, and A. A. Goryachev, Izv. Akad. NaukSSSR, Ser. Khim., 673 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Kharlamov, V. I. Garanin, D. B. Tagiev, Kh. M. Minachev, and A. A. Goryachev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 845 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.Kh. M. Minachev, V. V. Kharlamov, V. I. Garanin, and D. B. Tagiev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1700 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Bogomolov, Kh. M. Minachev, and N. V. Romanova, Molecular Chromatography [in Russian], Nauka (1964), p. 18.Google Scholar
- 5.Kh. M. Minachev, V. I. Garanin, V. V. Kharlamov, and M. A. Kapustin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2673 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Lombardo and J. Veler, Advances Chem. Ser. No. 121, 553 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.E. A. Lombardo, G. A. Still, and W. K. Hall, J. Catal.,22, 54 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.O. Beeck, A. E. Smith, and A. Wheeler, Proc. Roy. Soc. London,A177, 62 (1940).Google Scholar
- 9.S. L. Kiperman, Introduction to the Theory of Heterogeneous Catalytic Reactions [in Russianj, Nauka (1964), p. 309.Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. Yu. Lurbe, Handbook in Analytical Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya (1965), p. 19.Google Scholar
- 11.A. A. Balandin, Multiplet Theory of Catalysis [in Russian] Izd-vo Mosk. Un-ta (1964), Ch. 2, p. 53.Google Scholar