Some reactions of trichloromethyl and 3, 3-dichloroallyl compounds of mercury
- 16 Downloads
Trichloromethyl compounds of mercury react with hydrogen cyanide, potassium cyanide and potassium iodide as inorganic mercury salts. They behave as typical organomercury compounds towards alkali and diazomethane. Trichloromethyl compounds of mercury react with a Grignard reagent in two ways — as salts and as organomercury compounds.
Bromotrichloromethane reacts with sodium amalgam to give trichloromethylmercuric bromide and not bis -trichloromethylmercury.
1,1-Dichloro-3-iodo-2-methylpropene-l was converted to 1,1-dichloro-3-iodomercuri-2-methylpropene-1. Some of its chemical properties were studied.
KeywordsHydrogen Sodium Potassium Mercury Bromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. N. Nesmeyanov and G. Povkh, J. Gen. Chem., 4, 958 (1934) [USSR].Google Scholar
- E. Buchner, Ber. 28, 315 (1895).Google Scholar
- R. Kh. Freidlina, A. N. Nesmeyanov and F. A. Tokareva, Ber., 69, 2019 (1936); J. Gen. Chem., 7, 262 (1937)[USSR].Google Scholar
- P. Pfeifer and H. Jager, Ber. 80, l (1947).Google Scholar
- P. Pfeifer, R. Schulze-Bentrop, K. H. La-Roche, and E. Smitz, Ber. 85, 232 (1952).Google Scholar
- A. N. Nesmeyanov, O. A. Reutov and A. S. Loseva, Proc. Acad. Sci. USSR, 111, 835 (1956); A. S. Loseva, Dissertation, Moscow State University, 1957.Google Scholar
- J. Sakurai, J. Chem. Soc. 39, 485 (1881).Google Scholar
- L. Hellerman, and M. D. Newman, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 54, 2859 (1932).Google Scholar
- L. G. Makarova and A. N. Nesmeyanov, Synthetic Methods in the Field of Organometallic Compounds of Mercury, [In Russian] Acad. Sci. USSR Press, Moscow-Leningrad, 1956.Google Scholar
- A. N. Nesmeyanov, R. Kh. Freidlina and L. I. Zakharkin, Prog. Chem., 25, 665 (1956); Quart Rev. 10, 330 (1956).Google Scholar
- A. N. Nesmeyanov, R. Kh. Freidlina and F. K. Velichko, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1958, 44.Google Scholar
- Snell and Snell, Colorimetric Methods of Analysis, III, N. Y., 1955, p. 511.Google Scholar
- J. A. Koten and R. Adams, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 46, 2764 (1924).Google Scholar
- A. Oppenheim, Ber. 4, 669 (1871).Google Scholar
- E. Linnemann, Ann. Suppl. 3, 257 (1865).Google Scholar
- E. Linneman, Liebigs Ann. Chem. 140, 180 (1866).Google Scholar
- K. V. Vijayaraghavan, J. Indian Chem. Soc. 17, 589 (1940).Google Scholar
- A. N. Nesmeyanov, R. Kh. Freidlina and V. I. Firstov, Bull. Acad. Sci.USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1951, 505.Google Scholar