The catalytic alkylation of tetralin
- 19 Downloads
Conditions were found for the catalytic alkylation of tetralin by nonene-1 and n-nonyl alcohol with the formatiop of branched Β -nonyltetralins, the yield of which is 47.6% based on the nonene-1 used and 50.5% on the original nonyl alcohol. Calculating on the basis of the amount of tetralin that actually reacted, the yield of Β-nonyltetralins amounted to 23.3% and 50.5% respectively.
KeywordsAlcohol Alkylation Tetralin Nonyl Catalytic Alkylation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. T. Hart, W. J. Ceorgitys, and R. H. Wells, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 72, 1249 (1950).Google Scholar
- 2.N. I. Shuikin and N. A. Pozdnyak, Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk 1960, 1094.Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Shuikin, N. A. Pozdnyak, and V. A. Shlyapochnikov, Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otdel. Khim. Nauk 1960, 1254.Google Scholar
- 4.N. I. Shuikin, E. D. Tulupova, and Z. P. Polyakova, Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otdel. Khim. Nauk 1958, 1476.Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Wibout and A. I. Vanpelt, Recueil trav. chim.57, 1055 (1938).Google Scholar
- 6.R. D. Obolentsev, “Physical Constants of Liquid Hydrocarbon Fuel and Oils“ Gostoptekhizdat, Moscow-Leningrad 1953, p. 366 [in Russian].Google Scholar