Investigations on nitropyrroles
- 34 Downloads
The ultraviolet spectra of eight nitropyrroles were studied.
It was shown that ultraviolet spectroscopy may be used to determine the position of an NO2 group in a pyrrole nucleus and the structure proposed previously for 1-methyl-3,4-dinitropyrrole was confirmed.
Tautomerism in nitropyrroles unsubstituted at the nitrogen was investigated and it was shown that the acidity of these compounds increases with an increase in the number of nitro groups and with transfer of nitro groups from the β to α positions. This phenomenon is apparently connected with the Inductive effect of a nitro group on the polarization of the N−H bond.
KeywordsNitrogen Spectroscopy Acidity Pyrrole Nitro Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. S. Novikov and V. M. Belikov, Bull Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1959, 1098.Google Scholar
- é. N. Safanova, V. M. Belikov, and S. S. Novikov, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1959, 1307.Google Scholar
- H. L. Murry, J. Chem. Phys. 11, 655 (1942).Google Scholar
- E. A. Braude, Ann. Repts. on Progr. Chem. 42, 105 (1945).Google Scholar
- G. H. Cookson, J. Chem. Soc. 1953, 2789.Google Scholar
- E. A. Braude, E. R. Jones, and G. G. Rose, J. Chem. Soc. 1947, 1104.Google Scholar
- S. Granick and H. Gilder, Advances Enzymol. 7, 358 (1947).Google Scholar
- E. Lipperte, J. Phys. et radium 15, 627 (1954).Google Scholar
- G. S. Hammond and F. J. Madic, J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 75, 1385 (1953).Google Scholar
- D. Strong. Techniques of Physical Experiments, Leningrad Press, 1948, p. 346. [Russian translation.]Google Scholar
- V. M. Belikov, S. G. Mairanovskii, É. N. Safonova, and S. S. Novikov, Bull Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1958, 1488.Google Scholar
- G. Kortürn, Z. phys. Chem. 43, 271 (1939).Google Scholar
- P. P. Shorygin, J. Phys. Chem., 22, 1409 (1948).Google Scholar
- A. Angeli and L. Alessandri, Atti reale accad. Lincei , 20, 1, 311 (1911).Google Scholar
- A. N. Nesmeyanov and M. I. Kabachnik, Problems in Chemical Kinetics, Catalysis and Reactivity, Acad. Sci. USSR Press, Moscow, 1955, p. 644. [In Russian].Google Scholar
- S. H. Maron and V. K. La Mer, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 61, 692 (1939).Google Scholar
- R. G. Pearson and R. L. Dillon, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 75, 2439 (1953).Google Scholar