Oxide-metal catalysts for the reforming of gasolines Communication 4. Reforming of the 89.5–126° fraction of the gasoline of petroleums of the volga-urals group over a palladium catalyst treated with hydrogen sulfide
- 22 Downloads
An investigation was made of the conditions of the reforming of the 89.5–126° fraction of gasoline from Volga-Urals petroleums at 470–480°, at 20 atm, at v=1 hour−1, and at H2: HC=12.6 over palladized alumina (0.5% Pd-Al2O3) treated with HF and H2S.
Under these conditions the catalyst brings about dehydrogenation of cyclohexanes, dehydroisomerization of cyclopentanes, skeletal isomerization of paraffins, and desulfurization of the gasoline.
A catalyst consisting of 0.5% of Pd on A12O3 and given a preliminary treatment with hydrogen sulfide was found to be more stable toward organic sulfur compounds than palladium catalysts that had not been treated with hydrogen sulfide.
The individual-hydrocarbon compositions of the original fraction and the catalyzate were investigated by the combined method.
KeywordsPetroleum Palladium Gasoline Cyclohexane Dehydrogenation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kh. M. Minachev, N. I. Shuikin, M. A. Riashentseva, N. F. Kononov, and I. N. Kurdiumova, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1958, 428.Google Scholar
- N. I. Shuikin, Kh. M. Minachev and M. A. Riashentseva, Proc. Acad. Sci. USSR 101, 107 (1955).Google Scholar
- F. W. Porter, J. Inst, Petrol. 40, 18 (1954).Google Scholar
- W. Kirkpatrick, in The Collection “Catalysis in Organic Chemistry”, translated under the Editorship of A. M. Rubinshtein, Foreign Lit. Press, Moscow, 1953, p. 306.Google Scholar
- A. M. Rubinshtein, S. G. Kulikova, and B. A. Zakharov, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1956, 587.Google Scholar
- V. Haensel, U. S. Patent 2479109, 16.08.1949; Chem. Abstrs., 43, 8579 (1949).Google Scholar
- G. S. Landsberg and B. A. Kazanskii, Bull, Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1951, 100.Google Scholar
- Kh. M. Minachev, N. I. Shuikin, M. A. Riashentseva, and N. F. Kononov, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1957, 1223.Google Scholar