Communication 10. New method of synthesizing cyclic esters of dialkylsilanediols and of orthosilicic acid
- 29 Downloads
A new method was developed for the synthesis of 2,2-dialkyl-1,3-dioxa-2-silacycloalkanes by reaction between diacetoxydialkylsilanes and β-, γ-, δ -, and ∋-glycols. By this method we synthesized four such compounds having 6-, 7-, 8-, and 9-membered rings; three of them were prepared for the first time.
Reaction of diacetoxydialkylsilanes with ethylene glycol and with 1,2-propanediol results in the formation of 2,2,7,7-tetraalkyl-l,3,6,8-tetroxa- 2,7-disilacyclodecanes and dimethyl derivatives of these, respectively.
Reaction between tetraacetoxysilane and 1,3-butanediol gave 2,8-dimethyl-l,5,7,11-tetroxa-6-silaspiro-[5.5]undecane.
KeywordsEthylene Ester Glycol Dimethyl Undecane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. A. Andrianov, A. A. Zhdanov, and A. A. Bogdanova, Proc. Acad. Sci. USSR 94, 697 (1954).Google Scholar
- B. N. Dolgov, V. P. Davydova, and M. G. Vornkov, J. Gen. Chem. 27, 921 (1957).Google Scholar
- B. N. Dolvog, V. P. Davydova, and M. G. Vornkov, J. Gen. Chem. 27, 1593 (1957).Google Scholar
- R. H. Krieble, C. A. Burkhard, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 69, 2689 (1947).Google Scholar
- H. W. Kohlschütter, G. Jaekel, Z. anorgan. und allgem. Chem. 271, 185 (1953).Google Scholar
- W. Hahn, Makromolek. Chem. 11, 51 (1953).Google Scholar