Method of outer and inner asymptotic expansions in the theory of Brownian motion of aerosol particles
- 25 Downloads
We examine the Brownian motion of particles in a gaseous medium, complicated by the influence of inertial forces. The equation for the distribution function in phase space describing motion of this type was obtained in . Also presented in  are the solutions of this equation for certain simple particular cases. The approximate equations of motion of aerosol particles in coordinate space were first obtained in  and solved for certain concrete problems in [3,4]. More exact equations of motion in coordinate space, and also the limits of applicability of the equations of , are presented in .
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Distribution Function Mechanical Engineer Phase Space Brownian Motion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Chandrasekhar, Stochastic Problems in Physics and Astronomy [Russian translation], Izd-vo inostr. lit., Moscow, 1947.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. S. Sedunov, “Some questions of Brownian diffusion of Stokes particles in a spatially nonuniform external field,” Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. geofiz., no. 7, 1964.Google Scholar
- 3.L. M. Levin and Yu. S. Sedunov, “The influence of inertia on precipitation of aerosol particles from a flow at subcritical Stokes numbers,” Dokl. AN SSSR, vol. 162, no. 2, 1965.Google Scholar
- 4.N V. Klepikova, L. M. Levin, and Yu. S. Sedunov, “Some questions of the theory of aerosol particle deposition from a stream,” Tr. In-ta prikl. geofiz., No. 7, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Voloshchuk and Yu. S. Sedunov, “Equations of Brownian motion of aerosol particles,” Dokl. AN SSSR, vol. 184, no. 4, 1969.Google Scholar
- 6.V. M. Voloshchuk, “The theory of asymmetric aerosol flows,” Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. fizika atmosfery i okeana, vol. 3, no. 9, 1967.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Van Dyke, Perturbation Methods in Fluid Mechanics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow, 1967.Google Scholar
- 8.V. G. Levich, Physicochemical Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1959.Google Scholar