Preparation of gem-dinitroparaffins
- 17 Downloads
A series of gem-dinitroparaffins, from 1,1-dimtropropane to 1,1-dinitrodecane, were prepared by Chancel's reaction; their constants were measured, and the refraction of the dinitromethyl group was determined.
KeywordsRefraction Dinitromethyl Dinitromethyl Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Chancel, Compt. rend. 96, 1466 (1883).Google Scholar
- B. V. Ioffe, Handbook of Refractometry for Chemistry, Leningrad Univ. 1956, p. 182 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- N. Kornblum and G. E. Graham, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 73, 4041 (1951).Google Scholar
- D. E. Holcomb and C. L. Dorsey, Industr. and Engng. Chem. 41, 2788 (1949).Google Scholar
- H. E. Ungnade and L. W. Kissinger, J. Organ. Chem. 22, 1088 (1957).Google Scholar
- R. W. Worstall, Amer. Chem. J. 20, 214 (1898).Google Scholar