Oxidation of 2-methyl-1-(1′-acetoxyethylidene)-cyclohexane with osmium tetroxide and peracetic acid
- 23 Downloads
The stereochemistry of oxidation of trans-2-methyl-1-(1′-acetoxyethylidene)-cyclohexane (II) with osmic anhydride was studied and the configuration of the triol (IV) formed thereby, and of the related compounds, was determined.
KeywordsOxidation Anhydride Cyclohexane Osmium Related Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. N. Nazarov and A. A. Akhrem, J. Gen. Chem. 28, 1791 (1958).Google Scholar
- R. Criegee, Liebigs Ann. Chem. 522, 75 (1936).Google Scholar
- K. Dimroth, Ber. 71, 1333 (1938).Google Scholar
- A. Serini et al, Ber 72, 391 (1939); L. Fieser and M. Fieser, Chemistry of Natural Compounds of the Phenanthrene Series, State Chem. Press, Moscow, 1953, p. 401.Google Scholar
- S. Mizushima, Structure of Molecules and Internal Rotation, Foreign Press, Moscow, 1957.Google Scholar
- D. Barton and R. Cooxon, Quarterly Rev. 10, 44 (1956).Google Scholar
- I. Hogg et al., J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 78, 6213 (1956).Google Scholar
- I. Billimoria, J. Chem. Soc. 1953, 2626.Google Scholar