An analysis of stimulated longitudinal electrostatic bremsstrahlung in a free-electron laser structure
- 28 Downloads
An analysis of stimulated emission of radiation by an electron beam passing through a periodic longitudinal electrostatic field is presented, and its use in a free-electron laser structure is discussed. The analysis is based on a coupled-mode calculation of the interaction between a waveguided electromagnetic mode and an electron-beam plasma with finite cross section. The dispersion equation derived applies to the collective as well as the single electron regime.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.P.Sprangle, R.Smith, V.L.Granatstein: InInfrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 1, ed. by K.J.Button (Academic Press, New York 1979) p. 279Google Scholar
- 6.A.Gover, Z.Livni: Opt. Commun.26, 375 (1978); Z.Livni, A.Gover:Linear Analysis and Implementation Considerations of FEL's”, Tel Aviv University School of Engineering Quantum-Electronics Lab Scientific Report 1979/1 (AFOSR 77-3445)Google Scholar
- 7.M.R.Mross, T.C.Marshall, P.E.Efthimion, S.P.Schlesinger: 2nd Intern. Conf. on Submillimeter Waves, Puerto Rice (1976) Conference Digest, p. 128Google Scholar
- 8.A.Gover: 1st Workshop on Free-Electron Lasers, Telluride, Colorado (1977)Google Scholar
- 10.L.A.Vaynshtain:Electromagnetic Waves (Sovietskoye Radio, Moskow 1957) (Russian)Google Scholar
- 11.Detailed accounting for the transient waves and explicit calculation of the coupling coefficientk will be given in a future publication (A.Gover: InThe Physics of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 7, ed. by S. Jacobs, M. Sargent III, and M. Scully. Addison Wessley, Reading, MA)Google Scholar
- 12.A.Gover, P.Sprangle: To be published in IEEE J. Quantum Electron. (Jan. 1981)Google Scholar