α, Β-Disubstitutedα-acylamino carboxylic acids Communication 3. 2,2-bisacylamino-3-halopropionic acids
- 19 Downloads
Halopyruvic acids condense with nitriles with formation of 2,2-bisacylamino-3-halopropionic acids.
2,2-Bisacylamino-3-halopropionic acids were converted into a) new serine derivatives containing a 2-(acylamino) substituent, and b) 4-(acylamino)-2-aryl(or alkyl)-4-(halomethyl)-2-oxazolin-o-ones.
The oxazolinones obtained were found to be powerful acylating agents. Acylation with these oxazolinones is generally associated with a secondary reaction in which the acylation product is converted into an (acylamino) oxazoline. By the hydrolysis of 4-acetamido-4-(chloromethyl)-2-methyl-2-oxazolin-5-one we obtained 2-acetamido-2-amino-3-chloropropionic acid, which is a new compound.
KeywordsHydrolysis Serine Nitrile Carboxylic Acid Secondary Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- O. V. Kil'disheva, M. G. Lin'kova, Z. V. Benevolenskaia, and I. L. Knuniants, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1956, 834.Google Scholar
- Bottinger, Bericht. 14, 1599 (1881).Google Scholar
- E. Fry, J. Organ. Chem. 14, 887 (1949).Google Scholar
- M. Berman and K. Grafe, Z. physiol. Chem. 187, 183 (1930).Google Scholar
- J. Gongalves and J. Greenstein, Arch. Biochem. 16, 1 (1948); The Chemistry of Penicillin, N. Y., 1949, 734, 735.Google Scholar
- O. V. Kil'disheva, M. G. Lin'kova, and I. L. Knuniants, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1955, 271.Google Scholar
- O. V. Kil'disheva, M. G. Lin'kova, and I. L. Knuniants, Bull Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci. 1955, 282.Google Scholar