Properties of matter in states of limiting stability
- 13 Downloads
It is suggested that systems of limiting stability may exist, and for these the determinant formed from second derivatives of thermodynamic coordinates xi, j with respect to the forces Xi, Xj tends to zero.
The states of limiting stability, whose existence follows from the first hypothesis, are identical with the state of matter at T=0, the superdiamagnetic state, and the state at pressure of limiting high value. The identity of properties is not complete in all three cases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. K. Semenchenko, Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otdel. Khim. Nauk 2, 89 (1959).Google Scholar
- V. K. Semenchenko, Moskov. Inst. Tsvet. Metal, i Zoloto, Nauch. Trudy 30, 37 (Moscow, 1957).Google Scholar
- V. K. Semenchenko, Application of Ultrasonics to the Investigation of Matter [in Russian] (Izd. MOPI, 1956), No. III.Google Scholar
- Polany, Verhandl. d. Deutsch. Phis. Ges. 15, 156 (1913).Google Scholar
- G. N. Lewis and M. Randall, Chemical Thermodynamics [Russian translation] (Khimizdat, Moscow, 1936) p. 368.Google Scholar
- A. F. Rapusdnskii, Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR 48, 263 (1945).Google Scholar