- 17 Downloads
A method was developed for the synthesis of 1-alkylethyl benzoates (acylals) in yields of 80–90% and higher.
The following compounds were synthesized for the first time by this method: CH3CH(OR)OCOC6H5, in which R=(CH3)2CH, C4H9, C6H13, C6H11, C6H5, p-CH3C6H4, o-CH3C6H4.
Compounds of this type in which R is an alkyl group are unstable to keeping and are extremely sensitive to acid reagents and to heat.
Phosphoric oxide is an extremely active catalyst for the polymerization of alkyl vinyl ethers.
KeywordsOxide Polymerization Ether Active Catalyst Vinyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. E. Kass, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 69, 500 (1947).Google Scholar
- M. F. Shostakovskii, N. A. Gershtein, and V. A. Neterman, Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR 103. 2, 265 (1955).Google Scholar
- N. A. Gershtein and M. F. Shostakovskii, Zhur. Obshchei Khim. 18, 1689 (1948).Google Scholar
- Beilstein, 9, 114 (1926).Google Scholar
- Beilstein, 9, 113 (1926).Google Scholar