Elastic bending vibrations of a rod carrying electric current
- 33 Downloads
In  a dispersion relation for the vibrations of an elastic rod of circular cross section with an electric current flowing over its surface was obtained, and a detailed study was made of the particular case of axially symmetric vibrations. The present paper is devoted to an examination of the longwave bending vibrations of elastic rods with an electric current flowing over their surface. These vibrations are of special interest since they have the lowest frequency and hence the last stability.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Special Interest Dispersion Relation Electric Current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Dolbin, “Propagation of elastic wavesin a current-carrying rod,” PMTF, no. 2, 104, 1962.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Kolsky, Stress Waves in Solids, Oxford, 1953.Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. Leontovich and V. D. Shafranov, “Stability of a flexible conductor in a longitudinal magnetic field,” in: Plasma Physics and Problems of Controlled Thermonuclear Reactions [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR, vol. 1, 1958.Google Scholar
- 4.N. W. McLachlan, Theory and Application of Mathieu Functions, [Russian translation], Izd. inostr. lit., 1953.Google Scholar
- 5.E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, Modern Analysis, Vol. 2 [Russian translation], Fizmatgiz, 1963.Google Scholar