A note on plane Stokes flow past a shear free impermeable cylinder
- 49 Downloads
The slow steady two-dimensional motion of a viscous incompressible fluid in the unbounded region exterior to a shear free circular cylinder which is impermeable is examined. It is shown that the above problem requires a certain consistency condition for the existence of a solution. In addition, a circle theorem for the biharmonic equation is presented, for the above plane Stokes flow. Some examples are also given.
KeywordsMathematical Method Circular Cylinder Consistency Condition Incompressible Fluid Stoke Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Avudainayagam and B. Jothiram, Quart. J. Mech. Appl. Math.41, 383 (1988).Google Scholar
- S. Richardson, J. Fluid Mech.33, 476 (1968).Google Scholar
- J. D. Buckmaster and T. E. Flaherty, J. Fluid Mech.60, 625 (1973).Google Scholar
- J. H. Bramble, J. Math. Mech.1, 905 (1958).Google Scholar
- J. F. Harper, J. Austral. Math. Soc. B,25, 217 (1983).Google Scholar
- S. K. Sen, J. Appl. Math. Phys. (ZAMP)40, 139 (1989).Google Scholar
- A. T. Chung and T. Y. Wu, J. Fluid Mech.67, 787 (1975).Google Scholar