Polarographische Untersuchungen an Thallium(I)—Äthan-1,2-dithiolkomplexen
- 17 Downloads
Polarographic study of thallium(I)—Ethane-1,2-dithiol complexes
Complexation of thallium(I) with ethane-1,2-dithiol has been studied polarographically in 25% ethanol, 0.5M-NaClO4, 0.01M-HClO4 and 0.002% Triton X-100. Thallium in presence of ethane-1,2-dithiol, reduces reversibly at d.m.e. and the plateau current is diffusion-controlled. The successive formation of two complexes, 1∶1 and 1∶2, is indicated byDeford andHume's method. The overall changes in the thermodynamic parameters viz. ΔG, ΔH, ΔS accompanying complexation reactions have also been reported.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. S. Saxena undS. K. Bhatia, Indian J. Chem.12 528 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.R. S. Saxena undS. K. Bhatia, J. Indian Chem. Soc.51, 660 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.D. D. DeFord undD. N. Hume, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.73, 5321 (1951).Google Scholar
- 4.D. R. Crow, Polarography of Metal complexes, pp. 66–67. London: Academic Press. 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.K. B. Yátsimirskii andV. P. Vasil'ev, Instability constants of complex compounds. Oxford: Pergamon Press. 1960.Google Scholar