Chemical conversions of α-alkoxyacroleins
- 21 Downloads
By aminomethylation the authors have obtainedα-methoxyacrolein, a new member ofα- alkoxy-substitutedα,β-unsaturated aldehydes.
Chemical conversions ofα-methoxyacrolein have been studied by means of hydrolysis, the reactions with alcohol and chlorine, and by diene dimerization.
The double bond ofα-methoxyacrolein is more reactive than that in acrolein; in contrast to the latter, addition takes place in accordance with Markownikoff's rule.
It is shown thatα-methoxyacrolein-based polymers can be obtained.
KeywordsPolymer Alcohol Hydrolysis Aldehyde Chlorine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. F. Shostakovskii and N. A. Keiko, Dokl. AN SSSR,162, 362 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.M. F. Shostakovskii, N. A. Keiko, and A. Kh. Filippova, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. khim.,1967, 392; M. F. Shostakovskii, N. A. Keiko, A. Kh. Filippova, and V. V. Keiko, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. khim.,1966, 2045.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Schulz and H. Wagner, Angew. chemie.,62, 115 (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Alder and E. Ruben, Ber.,74, 320, 920, 926 (1941); S. A. Sherlin, A. Ya. Berlin, T. A. Serebrennikova, and F. E. Rabinovich, Zh. obshch. khimii,8, 22 (1938).Google Scholar
- 5.Houben-Weyl, Methoden der organische Chemie, Stuttgart,2, 459 (1953).Google Scholar