Mach reflection parameters for plexiglas cylinders
- 53 Downloads
The “collapsing air gap” method has been used to investigate the development and limiting parameters of the Mach reflection of a conical convergent shock in plexiglas cylinders arranged along the axis of a detonating explosive charge. The diameters of the cylindrical specimens varied from 15 to 100 mm. It is shown that on the stationary interval of development of the triple-shock configuration, where the velocity of the head wave is equal to the detonation velocity, there is a linear relationship between the diameter of the head wave, its radius of curvature, and the diameter of the cylinder.
KeywordsReflection Mathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Explosive Linear Relationship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. R. Fowles and W. M. Isbell, “A method for hugoniot equatton-of-state measurements at extreme pressures,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 36, no. 4, p. 1377, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Adadurov, A. N. Dremin, G. I. Kanel′, and S. V. Pershin, “Determination of the shock wave parameters in materials preserved in cylindrical bombs,” Fizika goreniya i vzryva [Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves], vol. 3, no. 2, 281, 1967.Google Scholar
- 3.L. V. Al'tshuler, S. B. Kormer, A. A. Bakanova, A. P. Petrunin, A. I. Funtikov, and A. A. Gubkin, “Irregular oblique shock-wave collision regimes in solids,” ZhETF, vol. 41 (511), no. 5, 1382, 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.H. M. Sternberg and D. Piacesi, “Interaction of oblique detonation waves with iron,” Phys. Fluids, vol. 9, no. 7, 1307, 1966.Google Scholar
- 5.V. Bliknei, and A. Taub, “Interaction of shock waves,” Voprosy raketnoi tekhniki, no. 1, 1951.Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Mechanics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1954.Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Batsanov, G. S. Doronin, and V. P. Stupnikov, “Characteristics of shock compression of materials in cy- lindrical bombs,” Inzh.-fiz. zh. [Journal of Engineering Physics], vol. 13, no. 4, 1967.Google Scholar