Application of asymptotic methods of the theory of nonlinear oscillations to the problem of wave propagation
- 80 Downloads
The problem of the propagation of waves in an inhomogeneous medium is solved on the basis of the equation for a partial wave of the total field. After changing the independent variable x (the geometrical coordinate) to A(x) (the amplitude factor of a direct partial wave of the total field in the inhomogeneous medium) a modification of one of the asymptotic methods of the theory of nonlinear oscillations is applied.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Mechanical Engineer Wave Propagation Industrial Mathematic Partial Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Brekhovskikh, Waves in Layered Media [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR, 1957.Google Scholar
- 2.V. L. Ginstaurg, Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in aPlasma [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, 1960.Google Scholar
- 3.N. N. Rykalin, Thermal Basis of Welding [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR, p. 57, 1947.Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.E. C. Titchmarsh, Eigenfunction Expansions [Russian translation], Izd. inostr. lit., vol. 2, 1961.Google Scholar
- 6.D. I. Mirovitskii, Tr. Vses. zaochn. energ. in-ta, no. 26, p. 72, 1964.Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Mirovitskii, “Propagation of sound in an inhomogeneous medium and internal conditions,” Akust. zh., vol. 1, no. 10, p. 88, 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Born and E, Wolf, Principles of Optics, London, 1959.Google Scholar
- 9.D. I. Mirovitskii, “Two variants of the problem of the synthesis of an optically inhomogeneous layer,” Optika i spectroskopiya, vol. 4, no. 18, p. 688, 1965.Google Scholar
- 10.N. N. Bogolyubov and Yu. A. Mitropol'skii, Asymptotic Methods in the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillations, [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, 1963.Google Scholar
- 11.Rensuky Isui, “The nonlinear theory of electric generators,” Rept, Radio res Japan, vol. 5, no. 2, 1935.Google Scholar