Polarization effects in the photoproduction of a fermion pair and a gamma quantum on nuclei
- 9 Downloads
Integration of the cross section of the processγ+(Ze)→(Ze)′+γ1+e−+e+ over the angles of emission of the electron and positron was carried out, and the angular, energy, and spin dependences of the cross section were obtained. The cross section for photoproduction of a lepton-antilepton pair and aγ quantum on nuclei in the case where the emitted photon moves in the same direction as the incidentγ quantum can exceed the Bethe-Heitler cross section for ordinary photoproduction of an e−e+ pair. The probabilities of some electron and positron spin states are analyzed.
KeywordsSpin State Polarization Effect Gamma Quantum Fermion Pair Spin Dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Nadzhafov, Yad. Fiz.,12, 557 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.I. M. Nadzhafov, Izv. VUZ. Fiz., No. 8, 148 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.I. M. Nadzhafov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,34, 1793 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Sokolov, Introduction to Quantum Electrodynamics [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.I. M. Nadzhafov, Vestnik Moskovskogo Un-ta, Ser. Mat., Mekh., Astr., Phys., Khimii, No. 5, 209 (1959); Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,36, 337 (1959).Google Scholar