Characteristics of the melting of glauber salt at high pressures
- 17 Downloads
At apparatus has been designed which makes it possible to investigate the characteristics of melting of crystal hydrates at high pressures.
It was established that at pressures exceeding 5000 kg/cm2 the melting of Glauber salt takes place congruently because of the increase in the solubility of anhydrous sodium sulfate as the pressure is increased.
KeywordsSodium Sulfate Hydrate High Pressure Sodium Sulfate
- 1.G. Tamman, Z. phys. Chem.64, 818 (1903).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Tamman, Z. anorgan. und allgem. Chem.179, 186 (1929).Google Scholar
- 3.E. A. Block, Z. phys. Chem.82, 403 (1913).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Geller, Z. Kristallographie60, 415 (1924).Google Scholar
- 5.“Handbook of Physical Constants for Geologists” [Russian translation] (Moscow, IL, 1949), p. 184.Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Kryukov, Trudy Laboratorii Gidrogeologicheskikh Problem Akad. Nauk SSSR16, 115 (1959).Google Scholar