On the mechanism of certain transformations of secondary amines in the presence of noble metals of group VIII
- 15 Downloads
In the catalysis of diethylamine with iridium, ruthenium, rhodium, and osmium, the same transformations occur as on platinum and palladium: cyclization with subsequent transformations and destructive decomposition of the initial amine.
The conversion of N-ethylaniline was studied in the presence of iridium-treated charcoal.
Considerations were expressed on the mechanism of the decomposition of secondary amines in the presence of noble metals of group VIII.
KeywordsPlatinum Catalysis Palladium Charcoal Ruthenium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. L. Liberman, O. V. Bragin, and B. A. Kazanskii, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. Khim. N.,1961, 525.Google Scholar
- 2.O. V. Bragin, G. K. Gur'yanova, and A. L. Liberman, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim. N., 1965, 1242.Google Scholar
- 3.M. R. Brimer, J. E. Magoffin, and H. Von Bramer, U.S. Patent 2,420,584; Chem. Abstrs.,41, 5145c (1947).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Liberman, K. Kh. Shnabel', T. V. Vasina, and B. A. Kazanskii, Kinetika i Kataliz,2, 446 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Liberman, K. Kh. Shnabel', and B. A. Kazanskii, Kinetika i Kataliz,2, 547 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Balandin and N. A. Vasyunina, Dokl. AN SSSR,103, 831 (1955).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Habatier, Catalysis in Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Goskhimtekhizdat (1932), p. 166.Google Scholar
- 8.C. Hansch, Chem. Rev.,53, 353 (1953).Google Scholar
- 9.N. D. Zelinskii, I. N. Tits, and M. V. Gaverdovskaya, Collected Works of Academician N. D. Zelinskii [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR,3, 92 (1955).Google Scholar
- 10.H. M. Grotta, U.S. Patent 2,921,942; Chem. Abstrs.,54, 7734g (1960); H. M. Grotta, C. I. Riggle, and A. E. Bearse, J. Organ. Chem.,26, 1509 (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.T. Lesiak, Roczn. Chem.,36, 1107 (1962);38, 1709 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.N. D. Zelinskii and M. B. Turova-Polyak, Collected Works of Academician N. D. Zelinskii [in Russian], Izd. AN SSSR,3 (1965), pp. 271, 375.Google Scholar