Examples of predominantly two-body orbits in the Sun-Jupiter asteroid system
- 13 Downloads
Accurate numerical continuation of families of plane symmetric direct periodic orbits around the large primary in the Sun-Jupiter case of the restricted problem of three bodies allows the determination of the ‘vertical branching points’ where families of three-dimensional symmetric periodic orbits bifurcate from the planar ones. Three families of plane periodic orbits, and the initial segments of ten bifurcating families of three-dimensional ones are determined. The stability of these families is examined and examples of their orbits are illustrated.
KeywordsPeriodic Orbit Initial Segment Restricted Problem Numerical Continuation Symmetric Periodic Orbit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Henon, M.: 1965,Ann. Astrophys. 28, 992.Google Scholar
- Henon, M.: 1965,Astron. Astrophys. 28, 415.Google Scholar
- Markellos, V. V. and Kazantzis, P. G.: 1977,Celestial Mechanics 15, 35.Google Scholar
- Robin, I. A. and Markellos, V. V.: 1980,Celestial Mechanics 21, 395.Google Scholar
- Szebehely, V.: 1963,Space Sci. Reviews 2, 219.Google Scholar
- Zagouras, C. and Kalogeropoulou, M.: 1978,Astron. Astrophys. Suppl. 32, 307.Google Scholar
- Zagouras, C. and Kazantzis, P. G.: 1979,Astrophys. Space Sci. 61, 389.Google Scholar
- Zagouras, C. and Markellos, V. V.: 1977,Astron. Astrophys. 59, 79.Google Scholar