Reaction of vinyl ethers with furan and with 2-methylfuran
- 65 Downloads
The reaction of vinyl ethers with furan and with 2-methylfuran was studied under conditions under which vinyl ethers undergo diene condensation and also in presence of acid catalysts.
Under diene-synthesis conditions vinyl ethers do not react with furan and with 2-methylfuran, but in presence of acid catalysts substitutive addition occurs, leading to the addition of two molecules of 2-methylfuran or furan to the vinyl ether molecule and formation of 2,2′-ethylidenebis(5-methylfuran) and 2,2′-ethylidenedifuran.
KeywordsEther Vinyl Diene Furan Acid Catalyst
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. F. Shostakovskii, A. V. Bogdanova, and A. M. Volkov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 2072 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.O. Diels and K. Alder, Ber.62, 554 (1929).Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Sherlin, A. Ya. Berlin, T. A. Serebrennikova, and F. E. Rabinovich, Zh. obshch. khimii8, 7 (1938).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Alder and S. Schmidt, Ber.76, 183 (1943).Google Scholar
- 5.I. N. Nazarov and T. D. Nagibina, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 641 (1947).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. K. Yur'ev, N. S. Zefirov, A. A. Shteinman, and V. M. Gurevich, Zh. obshch. khimii30, 411 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. K. Yur'ev, N. S. Zefirov, A. A. Shteiman, and V. I. Ryboedov, Zh. obshch. khimii30, 3755 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.M. F. Shostakovskii and N. A. Gershtein, Zh. obshch. khimii16, 937 (1946).Google Scholar
- 9.W. H. Brown and H. Sawatzky, Cand. J. Chem.34, 1147 (1956).Google Scholar