Chemistry of acetals
- 37 Downloads
Gas-liquid chromatography (column containing a silicone elastomer on a sodium chloride support) was applied in a study of the hydrolysis of some diacetals.
The first stage in the hydrolysis of malonaldehyde diacetals is unsymmetrical hydrolysis at one of the acetal groupings with formation of 3,3-diethoxypropionaldehydes. Secondary products of this reaction are 3-ethoxyacroleins formed by the elimination of a molecule of alcohol from 3,3-diethoxypropionaldehydes.
It was shown that intermolecular transacetalization occurs between diacetals and dialdehydes.
It was proved that the 2-butendial diacetal prepared by the cleavage of furan has the trans configuration (fumaraldehyde diacetal). Its partial hydrolysis of 4,4-dimethoxycrotonaldehyde was studied.
KeywordsSodium Alcohol Acetal Silicone Chloride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. A. Yanovskaya and V. F. Kucherov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 667 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Yanovskaya, V. F. Kucherov, and B. A. Rudenko, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 2182 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Kucherov and B. A. Rudenko, Dokl. AN SSSR145, 577 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Kucherov, L. A. Yanovskaya, and B. G. Kovalev, Dokl. AN SSSR133, 370 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.L. A. Yanovskaya, Reactions and Methods of Investigation of Organic Substances, Vol. II [in Russian], Goskhimizdat, Moscow, p. 231 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.S. M. Makin and N. I. Telegina, Zh. obshch. khimii32, No. 4 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Kucherov, B. G. Kovalev, G. A. Kogan, and L. A. Yanovskaya, Dokl. AN SSSR138, 1115 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.B. A. Rudenko and V. F. Kucherov, Izv. AN SSSR (in the press) (1963).Google Scholar