Free-radical addition of carboxylic acids to α-olefins
- 29 Downloads
A preparative method was developed for the synthesis of dialkylacetic acids by the addition of acids of normal structure to α-olefins.
A study was made of the reactivities of acids of different molecular weight and structure and of different a-olefins in this reaction.
The relation was determined of the yields of 1 ∶: 1 adducts to the reaction temperature and time, the amount of t-butyl peroxide used, and the molar ratio of acid: olefin.
KeywordsMolecular Weight Peroxide Adduct Carboxylic Acid Reaction Temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Petrov, G. I. Nikishin, and Yu. N. Ogibin, Dokl. AN SSSR,131, 580 (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.A. Haller and E. Bauer, Compt. rend.149, 7 (1909).Google Scholar
- 3.W. M. Stanley, M. S. Jay, and R. Adams, J. Am. Chem. Soc.51, 1261 (1929).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Paquot, M. I. Sorba, and N. Wieme, Indus. chim. beiges,20, Spec. N. 727 (1955); Chem. Abstrs. 5_0, 8276 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.C. M. Greer and R. Adams, J. Am. Chem. Soc.52, 2540 (1930).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Brauu and W. Teuffer, Ber.62, 235 (1929).Google Scholar
- 7.P. W. Robertson, J. Chem. Soc. 115–116, 1210 (1919).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Curtius, J. prakt. Chem.89, 508 (1914).Google Scholar