Study of the structure and reactivity of nitrogen-containing derivatives of carbonyl compounds
The arylhydrazones of methylglyoxal and diketobutyric acid are reduced in buffer solutions in two steps: in the first step reduction takes place to the aromatic amine and aminoketone, with an expenditure of four electrons. In the second step there is a two-electron reduction of the aminoketone.
In unbuffered aqueous and alcohol solutions, the electrode processes include only the first step.
An important role of adsorption of the molecules of the substances studied in the processes occurring on the electrode was detected.
KeywordsAlcohol Carbonyl Carbonyl Compound Alcohol Solution Aromatic Amine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. P. Kitaev, G. K. Budnikov, T. V. Troepol'skaya, and I. M. Skretakova, Summaries of Reports at the Third Conference on Polarography [in Russian], Kiev (1965), p. 43.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. P. Kitaev, G. K. Budnikov, and T. V. Troepol' skaya, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1966, 186.Google Scholar
- 3.D. I. Dzhaparidze, A. B. Érshler, and G. A. Tedoradze, Summaries of Reports at the Fourth Conference on the Electrochemistry of Organic Compounds [in Russian], “Nauka” (1962), p. 9.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Heyrovsky and J. Kuta, Fundamentals of Polarography [Russian translation], “Mir” (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.G. K. Budnikov, S. Yu. Baigil'dina, and Yu. P. Kitaev, Élektrokhimiya,2, 1263 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Tedoradze, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.S. G. Mairanouskii, J. Electroanal. Chem.,4, 166 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Krupicka and J. K. Novak, Collect. Czechosl. Chem. Communs.,25, 1275 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.P. Zuman and V. Horak, Collect. Czechosl. Chem. Communs.,26, 176 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.S. G. Mairanovskii, Catalytic and Kinetic Waves in Polarography [in Russian], “Nauka” (1966).Google Scholar
- 11.A. I. Miroshnikov, G. G. Gabsalyamov, V. A. Mikhailov, É. I. Sultanov, and A. M. Elizarov, Zavodsk. Laboratoriya,33, 382 (1967).Google Scholar