Tautomerism and geometric isomerism of nitrogen containing derivatives of carbonyl compounds
- 30 Downloads
p-Nitrobenzaldehyde thiosemicarbazone and semicarbazone have quinonoid structures in an alkaline medium, and p-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde derivatives have quinonoid structures in an acid medium.
A study was made of the effect of S-methylation on the ultraviolet spectra of the thiosemicarbazones of benzaldehyde, acetophenone, cyclohexanone, and acetone.
It was shown that there is a hypsochromic shift of the absorption maximum as we pass to a polar solvent for some thiosemicarbazones and their S-methyl derivatives.
KeywordsNitrogen Acetone Carbonyl Absorption Maximum Acid Medium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. P. Kitaev, G. K. Budnikov, and A. E. Arbuzov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 824 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. P. Kitaev, G. K. Budnikov, and A. E. Arbuzov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 1222 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. P. Kitaev, G. K. Budnikov, and A. E. Arbuzov, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. khim. n. 1776 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.A. E. Gillam and E. S. Stern, Electronic Absorption Spectra of Organic Compounds [Russian translation], pp.47, 83, 84(1957).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Cilento, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.71, 1112 (1949).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Hinman, J. Organ. Chem. 25, 1775 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.F. Wilson and R. Burns, J. Chem. Soc. 121, 871 (1924).Google Scholar
- 8.W. Baird, R. Burns, and F. Wilson, J. Chem. Soc. 2529 (1927).Google Scholar
- 9.R. R. Shagidullin, F. K. Sattarova, G. K, Budnikov, and Yu. P. Kitaev, Trans. of Conference on Spectroscopy [in Russian], Gor'kii, 1961 (in press).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. P. Kitaev, G. K. Budnikov, T. V. Troepol'skaya, and A. E. Arbuzov, Dokl. AN SSSR, 137, 862 (1961).Google Scholar