Anionic polymerization of 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-oxa-2,6-disilacyclohexane
- 27 Downloads
The anionic polymerization of 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-oxa-2,6-disilacycIohexane was investigated, and it was established that the polymerization proceeds according to a stepwise mechanism, as a first order reaction.
The rate constants and activation energies were determined. The activity of hexamethylcyclotrisiloxane in the reaction of anionic polymerization is two orders of magnitude higher than the activity of 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-oxa-2,6-disilacyclohexane.
KeywordsPolymerization Activation Energy Order Reaction First Order Reaction Anionic Polymerization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.William A. Piccoli, Gerald G. Haberland, and Robert L. Merker, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,82, 1883 (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.R. L. Merker, US Patent 3041362 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.R.L. Merker and M.J. Scott, J. Polymer Sci.,43, 297 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Niederprüm and W. Simmler, Z. Anorgan. und Allgem. Chem.,345, 53 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.K. A. Andrianov and S. E. Yakushkina, Izv. AN SSSR. Otd. Khim. N., 1396 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Alyavdin and T. S. Novoradovskaya, The Use of Mathematical Statistics in the Textile Industry [in Russian], Legkaya Industriya (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.K. A. Andrianov, N. V. Delazari, L. M. Volkova, and N. A. Chumaevskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,160, 1307 (1935).Google Scholar