Mechanism of the formation of secondary and tertiary amines in the course of the catalytic hydrogenation of adiponitrile to 1,6-hexanediamine
Among the products of the hydrogenation of adiponitrile the following previously undescribed compounds containing a tertiary nitrogen atom were isolated: 1-(6-aminohexyl)hexamethylenimine, 1,1′-hexamethylenebis (hexamethylenimine), and hexahydro-1-azepinehexanenitrile.
Under the optimum conditions for the hydrogenation of adiponitrile to 1,6-hexanediamine (temperature 80–100°, initial hydrogen pressure 100 atm), the primary and primary-secondary amines formed do n of under-go any change.
In the process investigated, the amines containing a secondary or tertiary nitrogen atom are formed n of by deamination, but by the aldimine mechanism: reaction of the intermediately formed 6-iminohexylamine with 1,6-hexanediamine to give 6,6′-iminobishexylamine, and its reaction with hexamethylenimine to give 1-(6-aminohexyl) hexamethylenimine.
KeywordsHydrogenation Nitrogen Optimum Condition Nitrogen Atom Tertiary Amine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. N. Zil'berman and Z. D. Skorikova, Materials of the All-Union Conference on Heterogeneous Catalysis in Chemical Industry [in Russian] (1955) p. 471.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Hoshino and K. Noissiki, J. Chem. Soc. Japan62, 1215 (1941).Google Scholar
- 3.E. S. Schwoegler and H. Adkins, J. Am. Chem. Soc.61, 3499 (1939).Google Scholar
- 4.E. I. Sil'chenko and L. G. Krolik, Trudy VNIGI, No. 1 (Gostoptekhizdat, 1948) p. 133.Google Scholar
- 5.J. V. Braun, G. Blessing, and F. Zobel, Ber.56, 1988 (1923).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Kh. Freidlin, A. A. Balandin, and T. A. Sladkova, Dokl. AN SSSR112, No. 5, 880 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Kh. Freidlin, A. A. Balandin, K. G. Rudneva, and T. A. Sladkova, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. n.1957, 166.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Kh. Freidlin and T. A. Sladkova, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. n.1959, 1859.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Kh. Freidlin and T. A. Sladkova, Izv. AN SSSR, Otd. khim. n.1961, 154.Google Scholar
- 10.L. Kh. Freidlin, T. A. Sladkova, and F. É. Énglina, Kinetika i kataliz (in press).Google Scholar