Mechanism of the inhibiting action of phosphites and sulfides
- 22 Downloads
The reactions of hydroperoxides with sulfides are accompanied by the formation of free radicals; however, the escape of the latter into the volume is small, comprising 10−4 of the number of the reacted hydroperoxide molecules. A scheme of formation of radicals, analogous to the scheme used for the reaction of hydroperoxides with phosphites, was proposed.
The synergistic effect of sulfides is explained by the low escape of radicals into the volume, i.e., by the high effectiveness of sulfides in suppressing degenerate branching.
KeywordsSulfide Free Radical Synergistic Effect Hydroperoxide Phosphite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Shlyapnikov, B. B. Miller, M. B. Neiman, and E. S. Torsueva, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,5, 1507 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.N. P. Neureit and D. E. Bown, Industr. and Engng. Chem. Prod. Pis and Developm.,1, 236 (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.G. H. Denison and P. Condit, Industr. and Engng. Chem.,37, 1102 (1945).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Morawetz, Industr. and Engng. Chem.,41, 1442 (1949).Google Scholar
- 5.C. W. Kennerlly and W. L. Latterson, Industr. and Engng. Chem.,48, 1917 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. A. Shlyapnikov, V. B. Miller, and E. S. Torsueva, DAN SSSR,151, 148 (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Bateman and K. Hargrave, Proc. Roy. Soc.,A224, 389, 399 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.D. Barnard, L. Bateman, and J. Cunneen, Organic Sulphur Compounds, Pergamon, London (1961), p. 229.Google Scholar
- 9.M. S. Khloplyankina, A. L. Buchachenko, M. B. Neiman, and A. G. Vasil'eva, Kinetika i Kataliz,6, No. 3, 394 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.D. G. Pobedimskii and A. L. Buchachenko, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1181 (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.U. Schmidt, K. Kabitzke, K. Markau, and A. Müller, Liebigs Ana. Chem., 672, 78 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Minoura, T. Sugimura, and T. Hirahara, J. Chem. Soc. Japan,70, 562 (1967).Google Scholar