Effect of carboxy and methoxycarbonyl groups on the replacement of halogen in ferrocene compounds
- 23 Downloads
A study was made of the replacement of halogen by acetoxy in 1'-bromo-1-ferrocenecarboxylic acid and in its methyl ester.
Unlike other electron-accepting substituents, the carboxy group facilitates the replacement of halogen attached to the ferrocene system.
KeywordsMethyl Ester Methyl Ester Halogen Carboxy
- 1.A. N. Nesmeyanov, V. A. Sazonova, and V. N. Drozd, Dokl. AN SSSR137, 102 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Weinmayer, US Patent 2683157 (1954); Chem. Abstrs. 49, 10364a (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Goldberg, J. Chem. Soc.1952, 4368.Google Scholar
- 4.W. Mayer and R. Fikentscher, Chem. Ber.91, 536 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.W. R. H. Hurtley, J. Chem. Soc.1929, 1870.Google Scholar