Dipole moments, molar kerr constants, and three-dimensional structure of epoxy derivatives of adducts of p-benzoquinone with cyclic dienes
- 28 Downloads
A number of epoxy derivatives of adducts of the diene synthesis of p-benzoquinone with cyclopentadiene and cyclohexadiene were synthesized.
The dipole moments and molar Kerr constants of eight epoxy derivatives were calculated from data on the electrical birefringence, dielectric permeabilities, indices of refraction, and densities of the solutions.
The configurations and conformations of the molecules of a number of compounds were calculated on the basis of the data obtained.
KeywordsPermeability Epoxy Adduct Dipole Moment Refraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Arbuzov, L. A. Grozina, and A. N. Vereshchagin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2370 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.D. F. O'Brien and J. W. Cates, J. Organ. Chem.,30, 2593 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Rosowsky, in: Heterocyclic Compounds with Three- and Four-Membered Rings, Vol. 1, Chapter 1, A. Weissberger (editor), New York-London-Sydney (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Arbuzov, L. A. Grozina, and A. N. Vereshchagin, Teoret. i Éksperim. Khimiya,4, 367 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.B. Ottar, Acta Chem. Scand.,1, 283 (1947).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Naumov and V. M. Bezzubov, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,8, 530 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.B. A. Arbuzov, L. A. Grozina, A. N. Vereshchagin, and I. M. Khamatullina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 548 (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.B. A. Arbuzov, L. A. Grozina, and A. N. Vereshchagin, Izy. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 787 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.R. J. W. LeFevre, B. J. Orr, and G. L. D. Ritchie, J. Chem. Soc., (B), 273 (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.G. C. LeFevre and R. J. W. LeFevre, in: Physical Methods of Organic Chemistry, Vol. 1, Part 3, Chapter 36, A. Weissbenger (editor), New York-London (1960), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 11.K. Alder, F. H. Flock, and H. Beumling, Chem. Ber.,93, 1896 (1960).Google Scholar
- 12.B. A. Arbuzov, Z. G. Isaeva, and E. G. Kataev, Uch. Zap. Kazansk. Un-ta,110, No. 9, 175 (1950).Google Scholar
- 13.A. N. Vereshchagin and L. A. Grozina, Teoret. i Éksperim. Khimiya,4, 361 (1968).Google Scholar