Reaction of peroxide radicals with CoII acetylacetonate
- 17 Downloads
The reaction of styrene peroxide radicals with CoII acetylacetonate was studied in the system chlorobenzene-styrene-azoisobutyronitrile-oxygen; the reaction proceeds bimolecularly with a constant k=2.9·109 exp (−7800/RT) mole−1· sec−1.
The rate constant of the reaction of the radicals formed from azoisobutyronitrile in chlorobenzene in the presence of oxygen, with CoII acetylacetonate was measured; k=2.3·104 mole−1· sec−1 (74°).
KeywordsOxygen Peroxide Styrene Acetylacetonate Chlorobenzene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. T. Denisov and N. M. Émanuél, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,30, 2499 (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.N. M. Émanuél, E. T. Denisov, and Z. K. Maizus, Chain Reactions of Oxidation of Hydrocarbons in the Liquid Phase [in Russian], “Nauka,” (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.E. T. Denisov, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,32, 1269 (1958).Google Scholar
- 4.I. P. Skibida, Z. K. Maizus, and N. M. Emanuél, Dokl. AN SSSR,167, 1105 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Gol'dberg, Dissertation [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Talat-Erben and N. Onol Canad, J. Chem.,38, 1154 (1960).Google Scholar
- 7.R. F. Vasil'ev, O. N., Karpukhin and V. Ya. Shlyapintokh, Dokl. AN SSSR,125, 106 (1958).Google Scholar
- 8.J. A. Howard and K. U. Ingold, Canad. J. Chem.43, 2729, 2732 (1965).Google Scholar