Synthesis of some tertiary amines in the thiophene series and their N-oxides
- 20 Downloads
The synthesis of 5-ethyl and 5-isobutyl-2-piperidinomethylthiophenes is described, also that of 2-(2′thienyl)-2-(5-piperidinomethyl-2-thienyl)butane, by the Leuckart reaction from the corresponding aldehydes.
N-Oxides of these tertiary amines, N-(2-thenyl)piperidine and diethyl-(2 -@#@ thenyl)amine, were prepared.
KeywordsAldehyde Diethyl Butane Thiophene Piperidine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Aiko, S. Owari, and M. Torigoe, J. Pharm. Soc. Japan,72, 1297 (1952).Google Scholar
- 2.J. R. Clemo and A. F. Daglish, J. Chem. Soc., 1950, 1481.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Polonovski, Bull. Soc. chim. belges.,39, 1 (1930).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. L. Gol'dfarb and M. B. Ibragimova, Dokl. AN SSSR,106, 469 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.P. A. Smith and A. J. Macdonald, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,72, 1037 (1950).Google Scholar
- 6.D. R. Smith and C. J. Cavallito, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,15, 3033 (1953).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Cope, T. Foster, and P. Towle, J. Amer. Chem. Soc.,71, 3929 (1949).Google Scholar