Methylation and periodate oxidation of clematosides A', A, and B
- 16 Downloads
The methylated monosaccharides formed in the methylation of clematosides A′, A, and B have been separated and identified by gas-liquid chromatography.
The preparative isolation of the methylated monosaccharides has been carried out and their structures have been confirmed by chemical methods.
The structure of clematosides A′, A, and B has been discussed in the light of the results of methylation and periodate oxidation.
KeywordsOxidation Methylation Chromatography Chemical Method Monosaccharide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Ya. Chirva and V. P. Konyukhov, Khimiya Prirodnykh Soedinenii, No. 2, 140 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Chirva and V. P. Konyukhov, Khimiya Prirodnykh Soedinenii, No. 2, 141 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. J. Khorlin, V. J. Chirva, and N. K. Kochetkov, Tetrahedron Letters,1965, 2201.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Ya. Khorlin, V. Ya. Chirva, and N. K. Kochetkov, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1966, 1963.Google Scholar
- 5.C. T. Bishop, Advances Carbohydr. Chenu,19, 95 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.G. O. Aspinall, J. Chem. Soc.,1965, 1676.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Honeyman, J. Chem. Soc.,1940, 990.Google Scholar
- 8.J. T. Edward and D. M. Waldron, J. Chem. Soc.,1952, 3631.Google Scholar
- 9.J. K. N. Jones and J. H. S. Thomas, Can. J. Chem.,39, 192 (1961).Google Scholar
- 10.J. R. Dyer, Methods Biochem. Anal.,3, 111 (1954).Google Scholar