Study of the reactions of biscyclopentadienylnickel with tin halides and their use for the polymerization of butadiene
- 19 Downloads
The polymerization of butadiene in the presence of catalytic systems based on biscyclopentadienyl-nickel (CPN) and tin halides was studied. The CPN-SnX4 systems are catalytical active only in the presence of excess CPN.
In the interaction of CPN with SnCl4, there is a redox reaction, leading to the formation of SnCl2. A true polymerization catalyst arises in the reaction of excess CPN with SnCl2.
It was hypothesized that the cause of the increased content of 1,4-trans-units in polybutadiene, obtained in the presence of CPN and tin chlorides, is an electron-donor action of compounds of divalent tin.
KeywordsPolymerization Chloride Halide Redox Reaction Catalytic System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. D. Babitskii, T. G. Golenko, B. A. Dolgoplosk, V. A. Kormer, V. I. Skoblikova, and E. I. Tinyakova, DAN SSSR,161, 836 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.B. D. Babitskii, B. A. Dolgoplosk, V. A. Kormer, M. I. Lobach, E. I. Tinyakova, and V. A. Yakovlev, Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1507 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.R. L. Brandon, J. H. Osiecki, and A. Ottenberg, J. Organ. Chem.,31. 1214 (1966); J. C. Goan, E. Berg, and H. E. Podall, J. Organ. Chem.,29, 975 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Schroll, U. S. patent No. 3,054,815, September 19, 1962; Chem. Abstrs.,58, 14940 (1963); H. Yamazaki, T. Nishida, Y. Matsumoto, S. Sumida, N. Hagihara, J. Organometal. Chem.,6, 86 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Wilkinson, F. A. Cotton, and J. M. Birmingham, J. Inorg. and Nucl. Chem., 2, 95 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Mushina, T. K. Bydrina, E. V. Sakharova, E. I. Tinyakova, and B. A. Dolgoplosk, DAN SSSR,170, 344 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.B. D. Babitskii, B. A. Dolgoplosk, V. A. Kormer, M. I. Lobach, E. I. Tinyakova, and V. A. Yakovlev, DAN SSSR,161, 583 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.E. A. Mushina, T. K. Bydrina, E. V. Sakharova, V. A. Yakovlev, E. I. Tinyakova, and B. A. Dolgoplosk, Vysokomolekul. Soed.,B-9, 784 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.J. F. Young, R. D. Gillard, and G. Wilkinson, J. Chem. Soc., 5176 (1964); F. Bonati, S. Cenini, D. Morelli, and R. Ugo, J. Chem. Soc., A, 1052 (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.J. E. Gordes, Chem. Ber.,95, 3084 (1962).Google Scholar
- 11.E. O. Fischer and C. Burger, Z. Naturforsch.,16v, 77 (1961).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Meister, Angew. Chemie,60, 533 (1957).Google Scholar