Radiolysis of aqueous solutions of potassium hydroxylaminedisulfonate
- 14 Downloads
The radiolysis of aqueous solutions of potassium hydroxylaminedisulfonate under various conditions of irradiation (concentration, pH, introduction of additives, etc.) was studied by the EPR method.
The results obtained indicate a radiolytic oxidation of HON(SO3K)2 by OH radicals.
The high conversion yields of HON(SO3K)2 dissolved in water are treated on the basis of the concept of the participation of the conversion products of excited water molecules in the reactions.
The system HON(SO2K)3 + H2O can be recommended as an indicator system for determining the rate constant of the reaction of the oxidative component of the radiolysis of water with dissolved substances.
KeywordsOxidation Potassium Aqueous Solution Water Molecule High Conversion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Sharpatyi, Uspekhi Khirnii,30, 645 (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. Proskurnin, V. D. Orekhov, and E. V. Barelko, Uspekhi Khimii,24, 584 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.V. D. Orekhov and A. A. Zansokhova, Problems of Physical Chemistry [in Russian],2, Goskhimizdat (1959), p. 194.Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Sharpatyi, V. D. Orekhov, and M. A. Proskurnin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,122, 852 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Sharpatyi and M. A. Proskurnin, Transactions of the Second All-Union Conference on Radiation Chemistry [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR (1962), p. 122.Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Sharpatyi and Yu. N. Molin, Transactions of the Second All-Union Conference on Radiation Chemistry [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR (1962), p. 141.Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Sharpaty, Radiation Chemistry, Proc. of the I Tihany Symposium on Radiation Chemistry 1962, Budapest (1964), p. 463.Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Sharpaty, D. M. Margolin, N. V. Zakatova, and K. G. Yanova, Radiation Chemistry, Proc. of the II Tihany Symposium on Radiation Chemistry 1966, Budapest (1967), p. 187.Google Scholar
- 9.G. V. Buston and F. S. Dainton, Proc. Royal Soc.,A287, No. 1410, 427 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Gordon, E. J. Hart, M. S. Matheson, J. Rabani, and J. K. Thomas, Disc. Faraday Soc.,36, 193 (1963).Google Scholar
- 11.N. S. Fel', V. I. Zolotarevskii, N. V. Zakatova, and V. A. Sharpatyi, Khim. Vys. Énerg.,2, 376 (1968).Google Scholar
- 12.V. A. Sharpatyi and Yu. N. Molin, Zh. Fiz. Khimii,35, 1465 (1961).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Sharpatyi, V. D. Orekhov, and M. A. Proskurnin, Collection: Effects of Ionizing Radiations on Inorganic and Organic Systems [in Russian], Izd-vo AN SSSR (1958), p. 43.Google Scholar