Synthesis of phosphonic esters containing heterocyclic groups
- 29 Downloads
Triethyl and triisopropyl phosphites, when reacting with 2-furaldehyde and with benzaldehyde, are partially oxidized to phosphoric esters with formation of 2,2′-vinylenedifuran and stilbene, respectively.
When triethyl phosphite reacts with 2-furoic acid and with 2-furanacrylic acid, the ethyl esters of these acids are formed. In the case of 2-furanacrylic acid, not only the formation of a 2-furanacrylic ester occurs, but also the addition of the trialkyl phosphite to 2-furanacrylic acid.
KeywordsEster Ethyl Benzaldehyde Ethyl Ester Stilbene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Kamai and V. A. Kukhtin, Zhur. Obshch. Khim.27, 2376, 2372 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Abramov, Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR95, 991 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.F. W. Hoffmann, R. J. Ess, T. C. Simmons, and R. S. Hanzel, J. Am. Chem, Soc.78, 6414 (1956).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Walling and R. Rabinowitz, J. Am. Chem. Soc.79, 5326 (1957).Google Scholar
- 5.F. W. Hoffman and H. D. Weiss, J. Am. Chem. Soc.79, 4759 (1957).Google Scholar