Atomic excitation by a simultaneous collision with another atom and with a photon
- 15 Downloads
A new mechanism of atomic excitation is considered, a simultaneous collision with another atom and with a photon. The atomic excitation cross section is calculated. It is shown that for experimentally aehieveable electromagnetic field intensities and for other real parameter values the cross section is comparable to that of atomic excitation by electron impact.
KeywordsElectromagnetic Field Electron Impact Field Intensity Real Parameter Excitation Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coll., Action of Laser Radiation [in Russian], Mir, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Buimistrov, Phys. Lett.,30A, 136 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Quantum Mechanics, Oxford (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Heitter, The Quantum Theory of Radiation, Oxford (1954).Google Scholar
- 5.H. A. Bethe and E. E. Salpeter, Quantum Mechanics of One- and Two-Electron Atoms, Academic Press (1957).Google Scholar