Theory of cluster systems in plasma-like media
- 14 Downloads
The conditions of existence of stable formations of charged particles (clusters) moving in a plasma-like medium are discussed in this paper. The interaction of clusters is considered in the framework of a one-dimensional model. It is shown that the stability of a cluster depends strongly on the number of particles that form part of it. When two clusters moving with respect to each other interact, they break up if the relative velocity is fairly low. Fast-moving clusters hardly interact with each other.
KeywordsCharged Particle Relative Velocity Stable Formation Cluster System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. S. Gemmel, J. Remillieux, J. C. Poizat, M. J. Gailard, R. E. Holland, and Z. Vager, Phys. Rev. Lett.,34, 22, 1420 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Remillieux, Radiation Research, Academic Press, New York (1975), p. 302.Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Neufeld and R. H. Ritchie, Phys. Rev.,98, 1632 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Ryazanov (ed.), Radiation-Induced Phenomena in Condensed Media [in Russian], MIFI, Moscow (1979), p. 44.Google Scholar
- 6.J. M. Dawson and R. Shanny, Phys. Fluids,11, 1506 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.V. D. Shapiro and V. I. Shevchenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz.,19, 767 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Akhiezer, I. A. Akhiezer, R. V. Polovin, A. G. Sitenko, and K. N. Stepanov, Electrodynamics of Plasma [in Russian], A. I. Akhiezer (ed.), Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.V. L. Ginzburg and A. A. Rukhadze, Waves in Magnetic Plasma [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 10.A. N. Kondratenko, J. Krusha, V. M. Kuklin, V. I. Tkachenko, and V. M. Vorobjov, Plasma Phys.,B23, 615 (1983).Google Scholar