Generalized zeta-function regularization
- 16 Downloads
A generalized ζ-function regularization is considered for computation of the superdeterminant of a matrix of differential operators in the case of a continuous spectrum. It is shown that in the general case the method makes use of a complete set of eigenfunctions of a certain system of integrodifferential equations.
KeywordsDifferential Operator Continuous Spectrum Integrodifferential Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. W. Hawking, Commun. Math. Phys.,55, 133 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.G. M. Galatin, J. Math. Phys.,25, 629 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.M. De Witt, in: General Relativity, an Einstein Centenary Survey, Cambridge (1979).Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Fradkin and G. A. Vilkovisky, Phys. Rev.D8, 4241 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.F. A. Berezin, Introduction to Algebra and Calculus with Anticommuting Variables [in Russian], Moscow State University, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar