Effect of structural changes on dielectric properties of gallium arsenide
- 14 Downloads
Temperature and frequency dependence of dielectric permittivity ɛ′ and tangent of the dielectric loss angle are studied in epitaxial gallium arsenide structures. It is shown that nonmonotonic change in ɛ′ with temperature is caused by change in the volume of conductive gallium microinclusions and a difference between the structural perfection of the layer and substrate. The space charge relaxation time on inhomogeneities is evaluated (τ∼10−5−10−6 sec) and its contribution to GaAs dielectric properties is evaluated. An oscillation in dielectric permittivity upon heating is observed and explained.
KeywordsRelaxation Time GaAs Structural Change Gallium Dielectric Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. G. Mil'vidskii and V. B. Osvenskii, Structural Defects in Epitaxial Semiconductor Layers [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Postnikov, A. V. Parshin, S. I. Rembeza, and N. P. Yaroslavtsev, Pis'ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,4, No. 12, 740–743 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.N. D. Vasilenko, O. K. Gorodnichenko, I. E. Maronchuk, and É. E. Maronchuk, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,50, No. 6, 1355–1357 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Brandt, Dielectric Studies at Ultrahigh Frequencies [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1963), pp. 37–144.Google Scholar
- 5.N. D. Vasilenko, E. A. Glushkov, I. E. Maronchuk, and E. E. Maronchuk, J. Cryst. Growth,52, No. 2, 354–358 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Glushkov and V. P. Reztsov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,13, 1469–1474 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Berenshtein, N. D. Vasilenko, A. M. D'yachenko, and O. K. Gorodnichenko, Preparation and Properties of Thin Films [in Russian], Akad. Nauk Ukr. SSR, Kiev (1979), pp. 98–101.Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Klyuev (ed.), Equipment for Nondestructive Testing of Materials and Components, Book 2 [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1986), pp. 173–175.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Fost, Semiconductor Etching [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1965), pp. 202–264.Google Scholar