Nonlinear voltage-temperature characteristics of submicron semiconductor layers
- 15 Downloads
Voltage-temperature characteristics (VTC) of current carriers in semiconductor layers that are substantially narrower than the bulk cooling length are constructed in the temperature approximation. The nature of the VTC nonlinearity is shown to crucially depend on the ratio of the bulk to the surface energy relaxation lengths of electrons. Because these lengths depend on the electron temperature, with changing external electric fields, the contributions of these surface and bulk scattering mechanisms to energy relaxation processes may vary, leading to visible changes of VTC.
In conclusion, the author would like to express his gratitude to Yu. G. Gurevich for a fruitful discussion of the results of this work.
KeywordsSurface Energy Relaxation Process Electron Temperature External Electric Field Visible Change
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Klimovskaya, O. V. Shitko, and V. I. Mel'nikov, 9th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors, Leningrad, Vol. 2 (1969), pp. 848–952.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Klimovskaya, S. I. Kirillova, and O. V. Snitko, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,8, No. 4, 702–710 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.B. P. Zot'ev, A. F. Kravchenko, and É. M. Skok, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,6, No. 7, 1377–1379 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.É. I. Rashba, Z. S. Gribnikov, and V. Ya. Kravchenko, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,119, No. 1, 3–46 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.N. A. Prima and A. V. Sachenko, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,15, No. 8, 1632–1634 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Akopyan and Z. S. Gribnikov, Pis'ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,6, No. 15, 900–903 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.F. G. Bass, V. S. Bochkov, and Yu. G. Gurevich, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,7, No. 1, 3–32 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.N. A. Prima and A. V. Sachenko, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,22, No. 3, 522–524 (1988).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. G. Gurevich and G. N. Logvinov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,24, No. 10, 1715–1720 (1990).Google Scholar
- 10.G. N. Logvinov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 1, 59–64 (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.F. G. Bass and Yu. G. Gurevich, Hot Electrons and Strong Electromagnetic Waves in Semiconductor and Gas-Discharge Plasmas [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar