Fine structure of the okα X-ray emission band in Sc3+-activated lithium-manganese ferrites
- 19 Downloads
The okα x-ray emission band of oxygen in a group of magnetically soft lithium squareloop ferrites has been obtained for the first time. The form of this band is complicated, by number and position it is similar to the FeKβ5 band in the same ferrites, which suggests that the 3d states of Fe are significantly hybridized with the 2p states of oxygen and that the latter could participate in Anderson indirect exchange. The effect of small additions of Sc ions, improving the properties of the ferrite, on the spectrum of the ferrite is discussed.
KeywordsOxygen Lithium Ferrite Fine Structure Emission Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Zhurakovskii, P. P. Kirichok, and L. N. Sharanevich, Dokl. Akad. Nauk USSR, Ser. A., No. 5, 377 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.E. A. Zhurakovskii and P. P. Kirichok, Electronic States in Ferrimagnets [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1985), p. 280.Google Scholar
- 3.P. W. Andersen, Phys. Rev.,79, No. 2, 350 (1950).Google Scholar
- 4.Zh. Blyasse, Crystal Chemistry of Ferrospinels [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1968), p. 184.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Neel, Ann. Phys.,3, 137 (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.L. I. Rabkin, S. A. Soskin, and B. Sh. épshtein, Technology of Ferrites [in Russian], Gosenergoizdat, Moscow (1962), p. 360.Google Scholar