Expansion of a two-component plasmoid in a vacuum
Numerical integration of the equations of two-fluid hydrodynamics is used to solve the problem of the one-dimensional expansion in a vacuum of a quasineutral plasmoid, consisting of a mixture of ions of different charges and masses. A space-time picture of the change in me hydrodynamic quantities and the electric field is obtained, and the effect of the ion mass and charge is investigated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. A. Bykovskii, N. M. Vasil'ev, N. N. Degtyarenko, V. F. Elesin, I. D. Laptev, and V. N. Nevolin, Pis'ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,15, 308 (1972).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Gurevich, L. V. Pariiskaya, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,49, 647 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Gurevich, L. V. Pariiskaya, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz.,54, 891 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.P. Mulser, Plasma Phys.,13, 1007 (1971).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Bykovskii, N. N. Degtyarenko, V. F. Elesin, V. E. Kondrashov, and E. E. Lovetskii, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,43, 2540 (1973).Google Scholar