Parameters of the energy spectrum of semiconductive solid solutions of the tetradic system (AlSb)x(HgTe)1−x
From the analysis of the spectra of photoluminescence and transparency in the temperature interval (2–77) K there are determined in the paper, the gap-width and its temperature coefficient as a function of the composition of the melt of (AlSb)x(HgTe)1−x. It is shown that for compositions (0.8 ≤x ≤ 1) with a lowering of the temperature, the edge of the fundamental absorption is shifted into the domain of large energies, and for compositions (0.05 ≤, x ≤0.20) with a lowering of temperature, the edge of the fundamental absorption is shifted into the long-wave domain of the spectrum. The dependence of Eg(x, T) has a nonlinear character.
KeywordsSolid Solution Energy Spectrum Temperature Interval Temperature Coefficient Large Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Lazovskii, L. S. Lunin, and T. A. Aksaryan, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Neorg. Mater.,25, No. 4, 340–346 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.N. A. Goryunova, The Chemistry of Diamond-like Semiconductors [in Russian], Izd. LGU, Leningrad (1963), p. 92.Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Ivanov-Omskii, B. T. Kolomiets, A. A. Malkova, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,28, No. 6, 1057–1064 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.I. I. Burdiyan and E. I. Georgitsé, Uch. Zap. Tiraspol. Pedinst., No. 21, 3–5, Kishinev (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.E. A. Sal'kov and M. K. Sheinkman, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,2, No. 2, 397–405 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. I. Ukhanov, The Optical Properties of Semiconductors, [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1977), pp. 164–174.Google Scholar
- 7.I. I. Burdiyan, E. I. Georgitsé, and I. F. Mironov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn.,9, No. 7, 1402–1403 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Titkov, E. V. Chaikina, É. M. Komova, and N. G. Ermakova, XXVII Conf. on Luminescence, Riga (1980), p. 211.Google Scholar
- 9.O. Madelung, Physics of III–V Compounds, John Wiley, New York (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.T. G. Carman, Physics and Chemistry of AIIBVI Compounds [Russian translation], pp. 588–605, Mir, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar