Tunable laser radiation, nonlinear absorption, and “anti-stokes” luminescence of color centers in α-Al2O3
- 13 Downloads
This work investigates the generation of laser radiation by color centers of leucosapphire, nonlinear absorption, and the excitation mechanism of UV-luminescence. It is shown that UV-luminescence from color centers, excited in the 0.68 μm absorption band, is caused by a two-staged excitation mechanism. The optical characteristics of the color centers are measured and calculation is made of the variation of the absorption coefficient with laser pulse's duration.
KeywordsColor Radiation Absorption Coefficient Absorption Band Laser Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. F. Martynovich, A. G. Tokarev, and V. A. Grigorov, Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,55, No. 2, 324 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.E. F. Martynovich, V. A. Grigorov, and A. G. Tokarev, Information Listing VDNKh SSSR, Irkutsk (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.E. F. Martynovich, V. A. Grigorov, A. G. Tokarev, et al., Luminescence Devices and Ionized Radiation Converters [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.E. F. Martynovich, V. A. Grigorov, A. G. Tokarev, and S. A. Zilov, in: Laser Optics, Proceedings, Leningrad (1984), p. 139.Google Scholar
- 5.B. I. Stepanov (ed.), Design Methods for Optical Quantum Generators [in Russian], Nauka Tekh., Minsk (1968), Vol. 2.Google Scholar